Thursday, April 25, 2013

Spring (Closet) Cleaning Anyone?

Now that it is really starting to feel like spring here where I live I have started my spring cleaning. For me spring cleaning is usually not a thorough pull everything apart and scrub it type cleaning. Instead I go through my closet and pull out my summer clothes that I put away when it got cold and then pack up my winter clothes until fall. While doing this I go through all of my clothes and asses weather they still fit, and still fit my style because the items that don't fit that criteria don't need to take up space in my closet.
Honestly, most of us could stand to really go through our closets. Going through your closet and picking out all the items that you know you are not going to be wearing soon weather it's pieces that you got bored of or grew out of or decided were no longer your style can only be beneficial.  Don't just let them get dusty sitting in your closet, bring them to a consignment boutique or a thrift store. I like to bring my clothes to buffalo exchange because it is not far from my house and I can get a little bit of cash for some of the things I bring them, what they don't take goes to urban renewals around the corner. This helps me keep from having so many clothes that i don't even know what I have anymore.Besides, the clothes you stopped wearing could become someone else's favorite pieces, so let them be.

No comments:

Post a Comment