Saturday, May 18, 2013

Countdown to Prom

So I wrote about the first couple things to do to get ready for prom, specifically things like finding a dress because that is what I did kind of far in advance for prom prep. And I know that many of you already had your prom, so I'm sorry if you are reading this and it seems late, but, now that my prom is just a few short weeks away I'm getting to the point where I'm thinking about making sure that my diet is good and that I'm drinking enough water to put some effort into getting that glowing from within look. These are things I try to be really good about anyway, but especially so lately because as they become good habits and part of your day to day their effect becomes greater and greater. Also as the weather has gotten warmer and i'm showing a little more skin anyway I've also been using a gradual tanner regularly to maintain a little glow-y color while avoiding unnecessary sun damage. All of these are long term prep and things I try to look out for anyway.

But as the big night gets closer and closer I've been debating making a few appointments. Now I personally am on a budget and know that there are plenty of things I can do just as well at home. So I will pamper myself the night before with a bath and some gentile exfoliation and a mini facial. I will probably also be doing my own hair and make up, so I have tested a few looks out on myself to help me decide how I will do them when the big day comes. Also that last night right before I hope to get some quality sleep, because i know i won't get it on prom night.

To all of you who already had your prom: I hope you had a wonderful evening. And to all of you who still have your prom coming up: I hope your night is every bit as amazing as you hoped.

No comments:

Post a Comment