Thursday, July 17, 2014

My product gathering problem

I admit that I have a problem. It's really not all that dramatic, but I go through phases and this is the best part of that cycle. At least. In the long run. The thing is that I have a tendency to gather products, mostly but not limited to care products, because I want to try them, and many never get used up. This has multiple reasons, but three stand out : 
1. When I really like a product, I don't want them to be finished. Especially when they were pricey. 
2. Products that I don't particularly like tend to be ignored. (Things I really detest I try to give to someone who can make better use of them, and if they r that bad then they sadly end up in the trash) 
3. Last but not least, I always want to try new things. Especially because most things are not so great that I cannot imagine using anything else for that purpose. 

So the project remains to use what I have. Now, if I were to run out of shampoo for example, which is not likely, I will get a new one. But I want to use up products that I have lying around because I have more that enough products I started, and away more than enough that I haven't even started but have for when I finish the one I have open. 
Apart from a few strategic purchases that I plan to make during my trip to the states in August, I won't buy any new products until I have used up 8 products. I'm very curious how long this will take me and how well it works. I think I will try to do an empties post when I finish and try to reflect. I should really do this more often. 
Bye! 

No comments:

Post a Comment