Sunday, August 3, 2014

And then it was 12:30 AM

When I was sitting in my living room last night, enjoying that I have the apt. to myself these next few days and photographing most of what is coming with me, I suddenly realized that it was 12:30 and I was going to go out tonight. But since I haven't heard back from the friend I was going to meet and I totally got wrapped up in my world having way too much fun. So it began like this: 



After collecting everything and occupying my living room with all my stuff I could sleep well knowing I still had plenty of time to think about the little things I had forgotten and sort out some of the things that I really don't need. 

And then Sunday morning meant breakfast, shower and off to my grandparents' for tea. This shit can wait. I also proceded to meet up with a good friend of mine since we probably won't see each other for multiple weeks. When I finally got home for the night I threw on the last load of laundry and actually packed most of my stuff. 

And then I thought I would throw in a few tips for packing because Although I travel frequently and try to travel light, I am not really an expert and if I were to make a whole post, most of my tips would be far from revolutionary. But if, like me, you know exactly that once you get off your flight you are probably going to eat something and go to sleep then I would recommend that underwear, pjs and toiletries are near the top. This means you don't have to unpack everything before you can really enjoy going to sleep. I know that some people really like to unpack everything, but that is not my style, not to mention that this particular day is going to be 6 hours longer and about 11,5 hours are going to be spent at airports and in planes. 

It is now 24hours later (and I had plenty of distractions along the way) I am for all incentive purposes packed! My carry on is not quite finished, but I have to grab a few things tomorrow, and then clean so that I leave this place looking better than it did when my roomie left on Friday. But now I can sleep tight and know that most of the prep work is done and once I land safely I will have almost four weeks before it starts from the beginning. 
Bye! 

No comments:

Post a Comment