Sunday, June 7, 2015

Trash talk

Hey there. I started collecting the empty packaging of beauty products that I had used up almost a year ago in early July. When I started I thought I might talk about products that I have used up because I adore watching YouTube videos on this topic from other people and I find there is something very satisfying about using a product in its entirety and then either trying something else or repurchasing it because it really was that good. I wrote a post about not buying anything that wasn't strictly necessary until I had used up several of the things I had lying around because it does all pile up.
Recently my roommate and I decided to move out and we are finding new apartments with new roomies. To me moving means getting rid of the things that I don't need. A big bag a trash most certainly qualifies! So I will also spend the next three months leading up to my move not buying new products that I don't really really NEED and trying use up even more of the things that I do have since that means less to take with me. 
The direction I actually wanted to take with this post was that I have mindlessly continued to collect used up products and wasn't sure why I had a special trash for these things. I have now decided not to go through because it is simply a ton. I did pic out a few things that I will be keeping because body butter tubs for example are great for storage and such. but as I was going through my trash for myself I reflected and realized just how much trash I as an individual produce in an attempt to look and feel great in my naked skin! Most of these products are skincare for face and body. I am way to lazy to use makeup most days, so that doesn't get used up nearly as fast. 
And today I sorted all of this Packaging and recycled it. While I am hoping to use up several more products rather than take them with me, this was my first step in the moving process. I think sorting out my closet is the next bit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment