Monday, July 8, 2013

Amazing How Big Things Creep Up On Me

Four weeks and six days until my plane takes off! I feel like I am so close, yet I have barely started moving prep. I happen to know that there are also quite a few limiting factors in my move.
1. I get 1 suit case that fits that Lufthansa weight and size limits plus one carry on. 
2. Once landing in dresden I won't be able to move straight into my new room. Instead I will have a few weeks living with friends and visiting multiple cities as my family has a ton of people to visit ever time we go back to Germany. 
Keeping these in mind I know that everything I take with me will have to be just the bare essentials. Anything that I can easily buy new or repurchase regularly anyway will not be traveling with me. So my prep begins with a fight agains my pack rat side, by slowly getting rid of excessive things I can reduce my things to a much smaller mount that will be sorted In the final days before leaving.  I can only hope that those last few days are not a complete chaos, but by starting to think long term now and begin to limit the amount of stuff I own I can Imagine it will be a little easier. 

No comments:

Post a Comment