Friday, August 30, 2013

August In Review

My August started out pretty lazy with my trying to really enjoy my last bit of summer vacation, because I knew that I would have things to do when I got to Germany. Then I started taking apart my room to pack everything up either to take with me or pack into my closet since my brother would be taking over my room. Afterwards, a pretty straightforward flight with a slight hiccup upon arrival when my suitcase did not make it to our destination with me.  They did find it back in Boston, and it was brought to me a few days later. But in that time my dad and I spent about a week informing ourselves and trying to take care of the official business-y side of moving to a new city/country. We then had a little bit of down time to visit some friends and enjoy Dresden before we went to Munich for a few days. We came back to dresden for a little over 36 hours, in which time I got my key to my new room and started getting situated. I'll probably post all about my room as soon as I have finished decorating it and making it worth showing.  For now it is pretty messy and has some of my family's luggage too because we went to Berlin for a few days and so we all took little bags and left the rest in my room for the time being. 
As I realized that August was coming to a close I tried to think about my favorites, and I realized three things.
1. Most of my makeup and cosmetics are still packed upas they were for the flight, so not in a way that's designed for me to get to everything easily. 
2. Although I am looking forward to going to the drugstore as well as some of the german high end stores and trying new things, especially things that weren't readily available in Boston, I have been so busy that I keep pushing it back. The time I have spent in the drugstore since arriving have been to get the essentials. 
And 3. I have been using the same products a lot. And not even rediscovered one. I have one little bag that's got the basics of everything that I have been using. This little bag has been the one to come with me on all of these little trips. So while I love these products, they would look a whole lot like last month's favorites. 
All of these things together made me think that a monthly favorites would just be boring. So I wrote this instead. I hope you forgive me. And I know I still have not done the outfit post I promised. But I'm pretty sure I will post more often when I start to get settled and can work from a real computer with internet, not just from this tablet with speratic Internet access. Also lately this blog has been a lot about my life and a little less about what I thought it would be about, but I'm okay with that and I hope you are too. I would love feedback. Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment