Saturday, November 1, 2014

A Funny Story About Adventures

The story starts in 1995 with a baby Eva Mathilde being born in Dresden Germany, then we might as well jump to 2001 because nothing all too exciting or relevant happens before my family moves to Boston USA. Then we might as well fast forward to me trying to decide what to do with my life like so many high school seniors do. And for several reasons I decided to move back to Dresden.
I went into this thinking that it would be the big adventure of my life, and somewhere in the back of my mind I really wanted to blog about moving so far away from home and life as a so called adult, but I was too busy. So I thought I would just postpone any real blogging for when I got situated. And it hit me that about a year later I just started blogging more regularly as life has allowed me to do so. Which makes all of this quite the funny story with the real kicker being that my life if just my life. In progress.

But for today, I would like to share my little adventures from the long weekend. So here goes with Thursday night because we all know that when Friday is a holiday, the weekend starts Thursday night. I started my weekend with a lovely muscle and joint bath since I have been having problems with my knees lately and woke up this morning with mysterious shoulder discomfort that had not let up. So to conclude a day where I had been on my feet for most of the day starting at 7am all the way to 21:15 it was truly fitting and wonderful! No pictures here because the light is bad and there wasn't much exciting to photograph since I went to bed not long after.

Friday was Halloween, which is not quite as big here as it is in America, but it is an excuse to through themed parties which is always fun. In any case it falls on a national holiday which means that I had nowhere to be and didn’t leave my house until about 5pm. But I went for a nice walk as the sun had just set and I curled up in many layers and took an aspirin for my shoulder. I also opted not to go out tonight because of my shoulder despite my love for everything Halloween.

I spend about two hours waiting to get my shoulder checked out by doctor and about 15Euro at the pharmacy for the medication recommended by the doctor and some homeopathic remedies that I wanted to stock up on for my home pharmacy stores. But when I left the clinic I went for a lovely walk before being too weighed down with groceries to take any more pictures on the way home.

As much as I hate to admit this: I did not leave my apartment at all on Sunday. I got so caught up in school stuff and had some technical difficulties. So that just sucked up my whole day! I also talked on the telephone with some family members and then I made dinner for me and my roommate who came back today because she went to visit her parents for the weekend. But essentially I always have one big assignment over the internship blocks where I have to test all kinds of things on one patient and sum it up and then write what I did with them in one of my therapie sessions. I suppose it makes sence that this could consume my whole Sunday if I don't watch out or force myself to do something, but now that it is done and really only needs a final read through I am incredibly relieved. 

Also I would have posted this earlier but I was just now torn out of my bubble when I saw the time. So off to bed it is as soon as I finish this. I hope you enjoyed reading this and feel free to leave a comment below. 

No comments:

Post a Comment