Sunday, December 7, 2014

An Herb Concoction for the Scalp

with the colder season comes cold and dry air which causes many of us to suffer from dry skin.

I personally also have quite the dandruff problem in the winter. This is the kind of thing that I'm sure some people can ignore or are not too bothered by, but I am very annoyed by the little flakes that perch on my shoulders and sit in my hair for a while. So I whipped a little something up to combat this little thorn in my side causing an itch on my scalp.
This is not a science, it is just a combination of natural remedies that have in fact helped me. I muddled up a couple sprigs of rosemary and thyme in a mortar and pestle then I filled them into this little bottle and filled it almost all the way full with olive oil and added a few drops of tea tree oil.
To use it give the bottle a good shake and then I take about a tablespoon in multiple smaller droplets onto my hands and rub them into my scalp. It helps significantly to take the time to massage your scalp for a few minuets and them allow it to sink in for a little while longer. You can wash it out almost immediately after or put a shower cap over the oily strands and sleep on it. Obviously you will want to wash you hair thoroughly before contact with society, and that may take two shampoos as the oil doesn't just rinse out like conditioner or store bought masks. Also the olive oil is wonderful for your hair, and it just so happens that most of the ingredients are so helpful because the increase circulation, which also helps increase healthy hair growth.
This is the kind of thing you have to believe in and try for yourself, if you have any allergies then leave it, otherwise feel free to give a shot and see if it works for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment