Friday, December 12, 2014

Book Covers

It is once again that time of year when I realize just how behind I am on making all of the Christmas gifts I have planned. And for whatever reason this year I am still putting it off because I have some pressing school work that needs to be done first.
This was simply a notebook and not a very pretty one which is why I wanted to spruce it up. I should mention that this is possible with any number of other books especially books you have bound yourself. Notebooks with blank or lined pages are just as good as stories, poems pictures, or whatever else you have up your sleeve. But you will need a book of some kind, glue and some paper also a ruler and a pencil make this easier and something to trace the folds just go ahead and make everything a little neater.

Firstly you will need to measure your book. Including the spine! Then mark the paper from the wrong side with about 1cm margin to fold over the edge. Then for the inner lining you will need to measure the inner side of the book and subtract about 1/2 cm from each side. this peace will be posted over the folded in sides of the outer paper. The margins I used here are just suggestions if you would like a little more or a little less boarder then go ahead and adjust accordingly.

For the glue it doesn't really matter so long as it ti suitable for both components that are being joined and it is spread thinly all over. Then gently align the outer paper and smooth it on pushing to the outside to eliminate any bubbles. The inner side go on the same way. Then let it dry. this here is my finished project:


Make it your own! I love paper, so this is just the thing for me to do and not just for me but also to give others. Now I can collect my thoughts in one very neat and lovely book that is all mine.
I think this is a great idea for gifts because it provides a one of a kind object that is also useful in many ways. Happy crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment