Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Candied Orange Slices

I missed yesterday! And I feel so badly about it but I just couldn't get it done in time, so I hope this recipe makes up for it. 
1 cup of water and 1/2 cup sugar go into a pan ans come to a boil. Gently stir until the sugar is dissolved at this point in go the orange slices I have mine at about 3/4 or a cm thick and organic. I recommend organic because the peels stay on so it is just a smidge more relevant. Let them simmer until the white bit of the peel turns translucent and the syrup has thickened a little bit. 

Then once they are done they need to drip of, ideally on a rack. Unfortunately I do not have a drying rack but laying them out on some parchment paper overnight will do the trick in a pinch. Then once they have cooled and dried some roll them in sugar and lay them back out to dry fully. 
These are do delicious and the syrup is wonderful too! The orange slices are also wonderful covered in dark chocolate or in any number of other forms. 

No comments:

Post a Comment