Sunday, December 14, 2014

Baked Apples Recipe

Bakes apples are a wonderful winter treat! Absolutely delicious and mindbogglingly simple and also a great way to use apples that have been sitting just a little too long to have a pleasant texture raw. 
I fill mine with a combination of vanilla sugar and coconut oil that have been creamed to an even paste and spiced with cinnamon and nutmeg. Then I add some chopped nuts today a mixture of almonds and walnuts in about equal parts. I eyeball all of this based on what I have in the house and am feeling. Many people like raisins or other dried fruits in the fulling, but I am not a huge fan of raisins and I like the simplicity of apple and nuts without any other sweetness added to the mix. If you like it, you go right ahead and add it in. 
The apples need to be washed and cored, but not peeled, they fall apart if peeled and the filling can easily be scooped out with a spoon if you don't like the peel. The stuffed apples go into the over at about 180°C for half an hour or so. When they fill the apartment with a delicious scent and look slightly golden they are ready. I like mine with some Greek yogurt or quark but ice cream is also quite tasty and they are of course delicious just as they are. 
Thank you for reading. and happy 3rd Advent! 

No comments:

Post a Comment