Monday, December 1, 2014

Did You Open an Advent Calender Today?

Today is the first day of December which means it is time to open the first box of your advent calender AND the start of my blog advent calender. I am going to do my utmost to post every day so that from now until Christmas Eve there will be new content right here.
To kick start this: It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas! Now the supermarkets have had Christmas spirit since October, but in the past week or so the rest of the city has been draped in lights and joined this Christmas vibe.

The pinnacle being the Dresden Striezelmarkt, a time honored tradition during the Christmas season. According to a speedy internet search this is the 580th Striezelmarkt in Dresden. I loved this tradition whenever I was in the country during the holiday season, and apart from the crowds that make the historic marketplace impossible to navigate it is still lots of fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment